Lamb Shank (Jedy Bil Zeit)
With 15 years of experience under his belt, the culinary journey of Syrian-born Chef Khder Mohsen Al-Issa began with his restauranteur father.
Now the Chef de Cuisine at Fuzion restaurant, Sunway Resort Hotel and Spa, Khder has a passion for his Middle Eastern roots, specialising in Syrian, Lebanese and Moroccan cuisine.
According to Chef Khder Mohsen Al-Issa, lamb dishes are central in Middle Eastern cuisine and lamb meat produced in Syria is known for lacking its distinct odour.
“This Syrian lamb shank recipe is fairly simple as the lamb shank is cooked mainly in olive oil while the sauce is only added after cooking,” said Khder.
He also commented that due to the fact that the shank consists of sheer muscle, it is one of the tougher lamb cuts and hence takes much longer to cook.
- 2 lamb shanks
- 1 potato
- 1 carrot,
- 1 shallot
- 3cloves garlicchopped
- 2tbsp green peas
- 4tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 350ml water
- 2 bay leaves
- 2tbsp lemon juice
- 4tbsp all purpose flour
- salt to taste
- black pepper to tastefreshly ground
- 1g saffron
- 5g herbscoriander, thyme and rosemary
- roasted nutspine nut or cashew nut
- Chocolate Lava Cake
- Asian-style Braised Beef With Orange
- Fishy snack: Crispy Ikan Bilis
- Salad recipes to help use up leftover Easter eggs
- Green Tea Raisin Rolls
- Chicken Breast With Pappardelle And Creamy Spinach Sauce
- Tapioca with Sweet Potato Fries
- Buka Puasa Buffet with Aneka Rasa at Grand Hyatt Kuala Lumpur