Ingredients is not available.
- Combine and cook all the ingredients for the white sauce in a saucepan. Bring to a low simmer for a few minutes.
- Remove the saucepan, cover and leave aside for 10 to 15 minutes to infuse the milk with the flavours, then strain and discard the unwanted ingredients.
- Melt butter over a low heat and add in the flour. Keep stirring and cook for 40 seconds to a minute.
- Pour in the flavoured milk and stir continuously for five minutes until a smooth sauce is formed. Put aside.
- Heat oil in a saucepan and fry onion, garlic, celery and carrot until soft. Stir in minced chicken meat. Cook until browned.
- Add tomatoes and herbs and continue to cook for 15 to 20 minutes. Stir in water, tomato paste and seasoning. Simmer gently until sauce turns thick.
- To make the lasagne, first spread a layer of meat sauce on the base of a rectangular heatproof dish. Add two to three tablespoons of white sauce. Sprinkle two tablespoons of grated mozzarella cheese over the layer of sauce.
- Arrange a lasagne sheet over the layer of cheese. Repeat the layering process until all the ingredients are used up. Finish with a layer of meat sauce, white sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake lasagne in a preheated oven at 190 ºC for 45 to 50 minutes or until the top layer turns golden brown. Serve lasagne hot.