- Lightly grease a 21cm square cake tin and place it in the steamer.
- Blend sweet corn with half the portion of thin coconut milk in a food processor. Strain.
- Combine the other portion of the thin coconut milk, thick coconut milk and sifted flours in a mixing bowl. Mix well then strain.
- Put sugar, pandan leaves, salt and coconut milk in a saucepan and bring to a gentle boil, stirring until sugar dissolves. Pour this syrup into the flour mixture and mix with a wooden spoon.
- Stir in the sweet corn mixture to blend. Divide batter into two equal portions. Leave one part uncoloured and add a tinge of yellow to the other.
- Pour 250ml of the uncoloured batter into the warm cake pan and steam over rapidly boiling water for 6 minutes.
- Measure 250ml of yellow batter and pour it over the colourless layer. Steam for 6 minutes.
- Repeat procedure, alternating uncoloured and coloured layers until batter is used up. Remove cooked kuih from steamer. When cool, cut into slices.
You may also like