This recipe is best with
- 150g butter
- 130g castor sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 tsp vanilla essence
- 4 tbsp yoghurt (kiwi flavoured)
- 190g self-raising flour
- 2 tbsp milk powder
- 55g candied dried kiwi fruit slices, coarsely chopped
- 1 fresh kiwi fruit, thinly sliced
- Grease a 10x20cm loaf pan. Line the base with greaseproof paper. Preheat oven at 180°C.
- Beat butter, sugar and essence until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. (Add a little flour if the batter curdles.) Mix in kiwi flavoured yoghurt.
- Sift in flour and milk powder and stir in kiwi fruit slices and chopped candied kiwi fruit. Reserve 4-5 slices of the kiwi fruit for garnishing.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Spread the kiwi fruit slices across the batter.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180°C for 5-10 minutes. Reduce heat to 170°C and continue to bake for 50-60 minutes or until golden or cooked through.