- 250g butter
- 225g castor sugar
- 4 eggs
- Grated rind of 1 lemon
- 250g self-raising flour, sifted
- 50ml freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 25g almond nibs
- Line and grease the base and sides of a 23cm round cake pan. Preheat oven at 170°C.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add grated lemon rind.
- Fold in sifted flour alternating with the orange and lemon juice. Mix well to combine.
- Turn batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle almond nibs over and bake for 45-50 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean.