- 2 cups Basmati rice
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- '2 tbsp cashewnuts
- soak in 1 cup water for an hour and drain'
- '1/2 a coconut
- grated and squeezed with 3 cups water to obtain coconut milk'
- '5 coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp margarine
- '1/2 onion
- 2 cardamoms
- SOAK rice in enough water to cover for one hour. Add ground turmeric. Drain.
- Heat margarine, fry cashewnuts, cardamoms, chopped onions, curry leaves and green chillies for two to three minutes. Add the soaked rice and salt. Stir for two minutes.
- Add coconut milk, lemon juice and coriander leaves. Cover and cook on a low heat for a further eight to 10 minutes or until rice turns fluffy. Serve rice with the tasty curry dishes.