- Boil the root vegetables with salt in a pot of water. Put in lobster and boil for 5 minutes or until cooked. Take out lobster and put into cold water. Cut into half and take out the meat.
- Remove the seeds and skin of tomato. Salt the tomato and keep at room temperature.
- Cut capsicum into quarters and remove seeds. Season with salt and cook slowly under cover until soft. Cool in the refrigerator.
- Peel and cut avocado and mango into thin slices.
- Put the tomato, capsicum, avocado and mango into a bowl and add some lime juice, fresh mint, basil leaf and olive oil. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Arrange in a round shape (use a round mould to guide you) the above vegetables in layers so that you get a nice, colourful rainbow. Press gently to set and top with lobster.
- Season the mixed lettuce with lime vinaigrette and arrange on the lobster salad.
- Drizzle some vinaigrette and basil oil around the salad. Add freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- [To make Lime Vinaigrette:] Whisk all the ingredients together.
- [To make Basil Oil:] Mix all the ingredients in a blender. Strain through a fine sieve or coffee filter.
You may also like