A simple dish that is easy to prepare and yet immensely satisfying, crisp and crunchy.
This dish is best prepared with Angel Brand Oyster Sauce.
The video is produced by dimsum.my.
- 150g long beans
- a pinch of salt and sugar
- a few drops of cooking oil
- 100ml chicken stock
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp Angel Brand Oyster Sauce
- For garnishing:
- 5 dried chillies
- 3 bird’s eye chillies
- 1 sprig of curry leaves
- a handful of fried anchovies
- 1 cup of cooking oil
- Deseed the dried chillies and dice the bird's eye chillies.
- Heat the cooking oil in a wok, then stir-fry the curry leaves, dried chillies and bird's eye chillies till fragrant. Remove from wok and set aside.
- Stir-fry anchovies until they turn golden brown. Remove from wok and set aside.
- Cut the long beans into 4cm long.
- Boil a pot of water. Briefly scald the long beans in the boiling water and add salt, sugar and cooking oil. Then, remove, drain and set aside.
- Arrange the long beans on a serving plate.
- Heat a pan and add chicken stock, sesame oil, sugar, pepper and Angel Brand Oyster Sauce. Stir well and bring to a boil, then simmer for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Pour the sauce over the long beans and garnish with fried chillies, curry leaves and anchovies. Serve immediately.