- 500g pork spareribs, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 50g dried long cabbage (bok choy kon)
- 5 seeded red dates
- 3 dried honey dates (matt choe)
- 150g fresh nai pak, rinsed and halved
- Salt to taste
- 1.5 litres fresh chicken stock
- Soak dried long cabbage until soft. Rinse and cut into sections then squeeze out excess water.
- Blanch spareribs in boiling water. Remove and rinse.
- Put fresh chicken stock in a deep pot. Add spareribs and cook to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and continue to simmer for 40 minutes or until all vegetables are soft in texture. Adjust with salt to taste.