- Combine coconut milk with warm water.
- Blend the * ingredients and mix together with dried chilli paste.
- Heat 6 tbsp oil in wok till hot. Stir-fry the paste mix, dried shrimp, turmeric and candlenuts till fragrant.
- Pour in coconut milk and bring to boil over moderate heat.
- Add long beans, cabbage, lemongrass and galangal. Cook till vegetables are softened.
- Stir then add deep-fried beancurd and tempeh.
- Season with salt and sugar.
- Arrange steamed rice cakes on serving dish. Add coconut gravy then sprinkle with grated coconut. Top with halved eggs.
- Steamed rice cake
- Wash and soak the rice in water for overnight.
- Drain the following day.
- Line a metal tin with banana leaf or cloth then pour in the rice.
- Place the metal tin in a pot of boiling water and boil for 60 minutes.
- Leave it to cool completely before cutting it into pieces.
You may also like