- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Blanch white fungus for 12 minutes. Drain immediately and immerse in cold water for 34 minutes.
- Reboil the water and add salt, sugar and vinegar. Scald lotus slices for 3040 seconds.
- Drain immediately and immerse in cold water for 45 minutes.
- Soak cubed apple in salted water for 4 minutes. Drain. Deep-fry sliced yau char kwai until golden and crispy.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a saucepan. Fry dried chillies for 3040 seconds. Remove and drain from oil.
- Take 1 teaspoon chilli oil from the saucepan and combine with the remaining dressing ingredients in a mixing boil.
- Add in lotus roots, celery, carrot, apple, crispy yau char kwai slices and white fungus. Toss well to blend.
- Pile into a serving dish and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve immediately.
You may also like