- 350g lotus roots remove the skin and joints
- 400g chicken meat or spare-ribs cut into 3cm pieces
- 5 red dates
- 1 piece dried scallop washed
- 6 cups water
- salt to taste
- Monosodium glutamate to taste(optional)
- 1 tbsp chicken stock granules
- Cut lotus roots to 1/2 cm thickness. Blanch chicken meat or spare-ribs in boiling water. Remove and drain.
- Bring the 6 cups water to a boil. Add chicken meat/spare-ribs into the boiling water. Add in the lotus root slices, red dates and dried scallops and simmer the soup until the meat is tender. Add seasoning and serve hot.