- 250g meat, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp young ginger slices
- 1 piece nam yee (fermented red beancurd)
- 300g lotus root stems, washed and sliced
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- Dash of pepper
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Dark soya sauce (a drop or two for colour)
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Heat oil in wok and saute ginger and garlic till fragrant. Add nam yee and stir-fry well.
- Add meat and lotus roots and stir-fry. Mix in the seasoning and add the stock. Bring to a low boil then simmer till meat is tender and lotus stems, cooked and the gravy, rather thick. Dish out and serve.