- 200g butter
- 110g castor sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 240g self-raising flour
- 1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 30g macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 egg white
- Some sugar star crystals
- 20g extra chopped macadamia nuts
- Line cookie trays with greased greaseproof paper. Cream butter, sugar and essence until light and fluffy.
- Fold in sifted flour and soda, and stir in macadamia nuts to mix.
- Roll out dough in between two plastic sheets and stamp out large star shapes with a star cookie cutter.
- Lightly brush with egg white and sprinkle with star sugar crystals and chopped macadamia nuts.
- Bake in a preheated 180°C oven for 14 to 15 minutes or until golden.