These Makmur Date Cookies contains a sweet surprise when bitten into. This recipe was first published in Flavours magazine.
- [cookie dough] :
- 500g flour
- 75g icing sugar
- 100g buttermelted
- [filling] :
- 250g datespitted
- 10g crystallised gingerfinely chopped
- 2tbsp water
- a pinch of fine salt
- additional icing sugar for decoration
- [To make dough] : Sift flour and sugar into a bowl. Slowly mix in the butter till it becomes a crumbly dough. Set aside.
- [To make filling] : Place all the ingredients into a food processor and blend to a paste.
- [To bake cookies] : Tear a small amount of dough, form a ball and flatten it. Place a teaspoon of filling in the centre then gently enclose the filling in the dough. Make decorative patterns using tart pincers or a putu kacang mould.
- Bake in a 170°C pre-heated oven for about 15-20 minutes till lightly brown. Remove from tray then roll the cookies in the additional icing sugar. Leave to cool before keeping them in an airtight container.