Ayam Teriyaki is a recipe specially provided by an experienced cook of over 50 years. Makcik Salmiah Isa was the private cook for the late Tunku Abdul Rahman. Now, she shares with us a repertoire of recipes. She had accumulated over the years which had touched many hearts and warmed many bellies!
With great pleasure, we share with you the twelfth recipe – ‘Ayam Teriyaki’ – from a series of 12 featuring our Trusted Brand partner, Salam Sauces.
- 300g Chicken breast, sliced
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 tsp Black Pepper powder
- Sauce Marinade
- 2 tbsp Salam Sos Berperisa Tiram
- 3 tbsp Salam Kicap Manis
- Sauce Thickening Agent
- 1 tsp Cornstarch
- ½ cup Water
- 1 Red Onions, sliced
- White Sesame
- In a bowl, mix Salam Sos Berperisa Tiram & Salam Kicap Manis.
- In a separate bowl, marinate chicken breast with black pepper, then add in the sauce mixture & incorporate well. Add some water to the sauce mixture bowl and set aside.
- Heat the pan with oil, then add the minced garlic & stir fry until aromatic.
- Pour in the marinated chicken and stir fry until the chicken is cooked. Then add the remaining sauce liquid into the pan.
- Pour in cornstarch solution gradually and stir well. Then add in red onions & give it a final stir to incorporate.
- Garnish with scallion & white sesame, serve.