This recipe is courtesy of Adabi.
- 2 inches of fresh turmeric
- 4 sticks of lemongrass
- 1 small box Adabi’s Santan (ml)
- 1 teaspoon of palm sugar
- 2 slices of tamarind/ 1 tablespoon of Adabi’s Asam Jawa Xtra
- 4 tablespoon of fried coconut paste
- ¼ cup of cooking oil
- 1-2 pieces of turmeric leaves
- Chilli flakes
- 1 whole chicken (12 cut)
- 1 packet of Adabi’s Rendang Seasoning
- 5 cloves of shallots
- 5 cloves of garlic
- Birds eye chilli (according to spice level)
- 2 inches of ginger
- 1 ½ inches of galangal
- Adabi’s Fine Salt to taste
- Blend the shallots, garlic, birds eye chilli, ginger, galangal, fresh turmeric and lemongrass together until smooth.
- Heat up your pan with oil, and add the blended items and Adabi’s Rendang Seasoning together. Leave to simmer until aromatic, and add in some chilli flakes. Add a quarter cup of water to avoid the burning of the chilli flakes.
- Add the 2 slices of tamarind or 1 tablespoon of Adabi’s Asam Jawa Xtra.
- Wait for the oil to separate, only then add the chicken and mix well.
- When the chicken and other ingredients in the pot have well evaporated, add in the Adabi’s coconut milk and the fried coconut paste. Stir well from time to time and add the palm sugar.
- Season with Adabi’s fine salt to taste, and add the thinly sliced turmeric leaves.
- Lower the heat, and let simmer until the sauce thickens.