Fried Hokkien Mee is undeniably suits in anytime of the day. Try make this quick recipe and share with family and friends!
- 500g fat yellow noodles (tai lok meen)
- 100g meat (pork or chicken)
- 150g medium prawns, shelled (leave tails intact)
- 100g Chinese cabbage, cut into 1cm strips
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp dark soy sauce
- Salt to taste
- A dash of pepper and monosodium glutamate
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 100g pork fat, cut into cubes and fried till crispy (keep the oil)
- Use the lard (from frying the pork fat) to fry the meat and prawns. Add in one teaspoon light soy sauce and a few drops of dark soy sauce. Mix in the Chinese cabbage and add one and a half bowls water or stock
- Then add in the noodles, mix well, cover wok with lid and simmer over high heat. Add more dark soy sauce for colour.
- Add in the rest of the seasoning ingredients and more lard. Lower the heat slightly and simmer noodles till gravy is thick. Turn the heat to high again and give noodles a quick stir. Add the crispy lard cubes before dishing up the noodles.