Tempeh Sambal is a recipe specially provided by an experienced cook of over 50 years. Makcik Salmiah Isa was the private cook for the late Tunku Abdul Rahman. Now, she shares with us a repertoire of recipes. She had accumulated over the years which had touched many hearts and warmed many bellies!
With great pleasure, we share with you the eleventh recipe – ‘Tempah Sambal’ – from a series of 12 featuring our Trusted Brand partner, Salam Sauces.
- 2pcs Tempeh (cut into rectangular strips)
- Dried Anchovies
- Sauce Paste (blend)
- 10 pcs Dry Chillies, soaked
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 3 Red Onions
- ½ tsp Salt
- Salam Sos Cili Manis Perisa Thai
- 1 Red Onions, sliced
- Banana Leaf
- Heat up the pan with enough oil to pan-fry the tempeh strips until crips and set aside. Then fry dried anchovies until brown and remove from pan.
- Pour in the blended paste and stir fry until aromatic with the same oil.
- Add Salam Sos Cili Manis Perisa Thai & salt to the desired taste.
- Toss in red onions & bring to a soft boil.
- Then add back tempeh & anchovies. Coat well and plate it.
- Serve on a banana leaf for extra fragrance.