This recipe is from the Don’t Call Me Chef column.
- 2 Mandarin oranges, peeled and taken apart
- ¼ cup oats
- ¼ cup Greek yoghurt, chilled*
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1 tbsp honey
- Pinch of turmeric
- 1 tbsp unsweetened desiccated coconut
- If you prefer an icy-cold smoothie, freeze the orange segments at least two hours ahead of time.
- Whizz up the oats till they become powdery. Then add the rest of the ingredients and blend till smooth.
- * If you don't have Greek yoghurt, wrap 3/4 cup regular yoghurt in cheese cloth and leave it over a bowl for the whey to drain. What will remain in the cheese cloth is thick, creamy yoghurt, just like Greek yoghurt.