Dress plain and regular Chee Cheong Fun or Steamed Rice Rolls into a meaty Asian treat by adding some delicious chicken floss and seaweed for an extra crunch.
This recipe was first published in Flavours Magazine.
- 50g Chicken floss (or any other type of meat floss)
- 10g seaweed sprinkles with sesame seeds* toasted chopped (* Available at Japanese or Korean sections of supermarkets)
- [To prepare filling] : Mix Chicken Floss and seaweed sprinkles together and store in an airtight jar until needed.
- [To prepare rice rolls]: Follow the recipe for steamed rice rolls. After you have swirled the batter around the pan to coat evenly, sprinkle chicken floss and seaweed mixture over the rice sheet, cover and steam for 5 minutes. Remove from pan and roll as per recipe.
- [To serve] : Cut the stuffed rice rolls into segments and serve with fragrant soy sauce poured over.