- Wash the codfish fillet and pat dry with kitchen towels.
- Toss the fillet with the thyme leaves, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the flour over the fillet (1).
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and very quickly pan-fry the fillet (2). Dish out.
- Remove half of the cooking oil and add the chopped garlic, capers, basil and cherry tomatoes (3).
- Add the fish stock all at once (4) (this will produce a stream of light smoke and this method is called deglazing) and allow to simmer to half the quantity.
- Add the tomato puree (5) and mix well before adding the black olives.
- Sprinkle in the chopped parsley (6).
- Arrange the fish fillet on a platter and spoon the sauce over it.
- Serve with sauteed potatoes and seasonal vegetables.
You may also like