A classic delicacy in the region, Mee Goreng boasts umami-packed flavours, this simple and versatile dish can be easily prepared by stir-frying noodles with fresh ingredients such as crunchy vegetables, chicken and egg.
Featured Product: Salam Kicap Manis Pedas
- 4-5 tbsps Salam Kicap Manis Pedas (to taste)
- 2 tbsps cooking oil
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 bulbs red onions (chopped)
- 300g boneless chicken breast (cut into strips and lightly seasoned with salt)
- 150g fish cake (thinly sliced)
- 3 pieces dried beancurd (cut into pieces)
- 2 large eggs (lightly beaten)
- 500g thick yellow noodles (rinsed and drained)
- 1 cup bean sprouts or shredded cabbage
- 1 large red chilli (cut into pieces)
- 1 hard-boiled egg (cut into slices)
- Sliced cucumbers
- Tomato wedges
- 1 lime (cut into halves)
- Heat cooking oil in wok or skillet, stir fry garlic and red onions till fragrant. Toss in chicken, fish cake, dried beancurd and stir-fry till fragrant.
- Crack in eggs and scramble, then toss in yellow noodles to cook through.
- Add Kicap Manis Pedas, stir to combine ingredients well. Use a spatula to loosen noodles if needed.
- Add in bean sprouts and quickly stir for a minute. Dish out, garnish with coriander, sliced chillies, sliced eggs, sliced cucumbers and tomato wedges. Squeeze over with lime juice and serve hot.