- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl, cover and refrigerate for at least one to two weeks.
- Pastry: Sieve the flour and salt together and then mix in the sugar.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour and cut in the butter. Rub the mixture with fingertips until well mixed.
- Add the beaten egg a little at a time and mix to a smooth dough. Let it rest in the fridge for about 10-15 minutes if it gets too soft to handle.
- Roll out dough 1/2cm thick on a floured board and cut out 'lids' for individual pies. Then fold up excess pastry and roll out again and cut rounds to fit pie or patty tins.
- Line the patty tins with this pastry and fill with mincepie filling.
- Brush some milk on the pie edges and seal with the lids.
- Bake in the centre of a hot oven 190-200 deg.C for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from oven when done, cool slightly and sprinkle with extra icing sugar.
You may also like