This Malaysian Favourite is best served with a peanut sauce dip – try your hand at making the recipe at this Peanut Sauce recipe!
Kuali would like to get to know you more – please do spend 10 secs to let us know your thoughts below!
- 300 g chicken skinless, boneless and sliced into thin strips
- 1 pack wooden toothpicks soak toothpicks in water
- 1 stalk lemongrass or 2 tbsp dried lemongrass
- 2 shallots
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 red chilli
- 1 in ginger
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp cardamom
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp anise seed
- 1 tbsp coriander ground
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Blend all the marinade ingredients in a food processor. Add water if needed.
- Place the chicken pieces in a bowl and add the marinade paste. Turn to coat well and allow for an hour or longer for marinating.
- Thread 1-2 pieces of meat onto the toothpicks.
- Grill the meat on both sides in a grill pan. Add oil if needed.
- Serve with peanut or chilli sauce.