- Steam grated coconut for 25-30 minutes until soft. Remove and leave to cool completely.
- Combine ingredients (B): oil, water and sugar in a mixing bowl. Stir until sugar dissolves.
- Add cooled grated coconut and the rest of the ingredients (A). Mix well.
- Lastly stir in salt and koh fun to mix.
- Divide mixture into small portions.
- For the mooncake skin: Combine golden syrup, oil and alkaline water in a mixing bowl. Leave to rest for an hour.
- Sift in flour and mix into a smooth dough. Leave aside to rest for 4-5 hours.
- Divide dough into small portions. Wrap a piece of coconut paste filling inside the dough.
- Put into a cartoon character mould. Press in neatly.
- Knock out and place on a lightly greased tray.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180°C for 10 minutes.
- Remove tray from the oven and rest for 2 minutes.
- Brush with glaze and continue to bake for another 7 minutes.
You may also like