Ingredients is not available.
- Sift flour into a mixing bowl. Add salt and bread improver. Stir in instant yeast and sugar to mix. Pour in water gradually and mix to a pliable dough.
- Remove dough onto a lightly floured table top and knead until smooth and firm. Return dough to the mixing bowl and cover with a damp tea towel. Leave aside to prove for 50-60 minutes, until doubled in size.
- Divide dough into two equal portions. Roll each into a long sausage and place on a lightly greased baking tray. Cover with cling film and leave to rest for another 30-35 minutes until doubled in size.
- Make several diagonal slits on the surface of the long sausage dough. Brush with glaze.
- Bake in a preheated 210°C oven for 15 minutes. Remove loaves from oven and brush with glaze again, then reduce oven to 200°C. Bake for 5-10 minutes until the loaves are crisp on the surface. Cool on wire racks.