- For the pastry: Sift flour into a mixing bowl. Stir in sugar and work in butter using your fingertips to combine the mixture until well combined.
- Add beaten egg and mix into a firm dough. Add a little ice-cold water if the mixture is too dry.
- Roll out the pastry and line a 20cm loose bottom flan tin. Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- For the filling: Mix golden syrup, chocolate and butter in a saucepan. Cook over very low heat until mixture is smooth.
- Take the pan away from the heat and beat in the eggs. Add all essences and Kahlua to mix.
- Sprinkle pecan nuts into the chilled pastry case. Pour in the filling mixture and place the pie on a baking tray.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180°C for 50-60 minutes or until the mocha filling is set.
You may also like