Mr Rice Guy’s Marmite Fried Chicken is the chicken recipe from Mr Rice Guy’s mother. Best in Kepong and PJ, and some say Subang! Eat liao give u huat huat buy Toto tio Toto, buy Da Ma Cai make u run faster than the horse ah! Alternatively: Sugar can be replaced with wine for its sweetness (DO NOT TRY WITH FRUITS) Oil can be reduced with a non-sticking wok/pan
- 500g chicken meat
- 400ml oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg (white and beaten)
- 5 tbsp potato starch
- 1 tsp marmite
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp water
- Wash rinse and drain the chicken. Then cut it into pieces.
- Place the pieces of chicken in a bowl. Evenly marinate the chicken pieces with salt. Let it stay for around 30 minutes.
- Separate the egg yolk from the whites and slightly beat the whites
- Add the beaten egg whites into the chicken pieces. Give it a good spin or two to make sure it mix well into the chicken pieces
- Add in the potato starch prepared earlier.
- Use your fingers to evenly coat the chicken with the potato starch.
- Pour the oil in wok over medium heat until it is ready to be used to fry. (Bubbles will appear when oil is ready to be used)
- Fry the chicken. Throw the chicken pieces in and deep-fry it until golden brown. Around 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove the fried chicken from the hot oil
- Drain the fried chicken on paper towel. Set aside.
- Combine all sauce ingredients (marmite, dark soy sauce, sugar, soy sauce, fish sauce) except water into a bowl and stir till the marmite is dissolved
- Heat up the water in wok over medium heat then pour the sauce mixture in after water is boiling.
- Mix well and cook the sauce mixture until it starts to thicken
- Add in the deep fried chicken, stir fry until sauce dries up.
- Dish out and serve after the fried chicken are evenly coated in sauce (around 5 - 10 minutes)
- Finally, serve with steamed rice cause rice rice baby