- 400 g button mushrooms (wiped clean)
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1 cup semi-dried tomatoes
- 12 slices char-grilled eggplant (chopped)
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 2 tsp mustard
- 1 cup olives
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Preparation time: 10 minutes (plus 30 minutes for marinating)
- Place mushrooms in a large dish.
- Whisk the oil, red wine vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper and pour over mushrooms.
- Add the olives, semi-dried tomatoes, char-grilled eggplant and basil leaves and mix well. Adjust seasoning.
- NB: semi-dried tomatoes and char-grilled eggplant are available at most supermarket specialty counters.