- 1 baguette sliced at a slant
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 8 button mushrooms fresh, sliced
- 3 shitake mushrooms fresh, sliced
- 1 tsp lemon juice freshly-squeezed
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 bunch salad leaves such as lettuce, frisee, rocket, etc.
- 1 cucumber thinly sliced
- 1 carrot,finely shredded
- Heat the butter in a saucepan. Add the garlic and sauté until it just starts to colour. Add the mushrooms and toss briefly. Add lemon juice and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toast the bread and brush the top lightly with some butter. Layer with salad leaves and cucumber; spoon the sautéed mushrooms over. Sprinkle with a little extra coarsely ground black pepper and garnish with shredded carrot. Serve at once.