- 300g fragrant long grain rice
- 50g glutinous rice
- 200ml thick coconut milk
- 3/4 tsp salt or to taste
- 300ml thin coconut milk
- 4 shallots, sliced
- 15g ginger, shredded
- 3g fenugreek, soaked for 2-3 minutes
- Combine both types of rice. Wash and leave to soak for 4-5 hours. Drain and steam rice mixture for 30 minutes.
- Stir in thin coconut milk and continue to steam for 10-15 minutes or until rice is nearly cooked.
- Combine thick coconut milk with the ginger, shallots, fenugreek and salt. Stir into the cooked rice and steam for another 15 minutes or until the rice is cooked.