- 50g rice vermicelli, soaked
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp spiced chilli bean paste
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 150g medium prawns, shelled but leave tails intact
- 100g sugar snap peas (tim tow)
- 4 bird's eye chillies, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Drain rice vermicelli well and place in a bowl. Pour in boiling water and allow to stand for four to five minutes or until noodles turn soft. Drain and leave aside.
- Heat a saucepan over high heat. Add sesame oil, chilli bean paste and garlic. Fry until fragrant.
- Add prawns and toss until they change colour. Dish out and set aside.
- Reheat wok and drizzle in a little extra oil. Add snow peas and bird's eye chillies. Toss and fry briefly.
- Dish out and add to the noodles. Toss well, then add prawns and dressing to the mix. Dish out into individual serving portions.