- Beat butter and sugar until light. Add in egg and essence. Continue to beat until creamy.
- Sift plain flour and bicarbonate of soda together and add them to the creamed with the cornflour and rice flour.
- Blend almonds and hazelnuts coarsely in a food processor. Mix them with the rest of the ingredients and combine into an even dough.
- Roll out dough to 4mm thick and cut into rectangular pieces or any desired shape of your choice. Prick with a fork.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 170°C for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
You may also like