- Lightly grease a 12-hole muffin-pan and preheat oven to 200°C.
- Sift flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda together. In a large bowl, combine beaten eggs with milk and salt.
- Cream butter and sugar until pale. Add sifted dry ingredients and pour in egg and milk mixture followed by cherry liqueur. Stir in blackcurrants and nuts to mix.
- Spoon batter into muffin pan filling up to three-quarters full.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until well risen and firm to the touch.
- Stand muffins in the pan for about 2-3 minutes. Turn onto a wire rack to cool completely.
You may also like