- 5 tbsp plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp chicken stock granules
- 150ml water
- 2 tbsp dried prawns, washed and soaked then pounded
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 red chilli, seeded and finely diced
- 1 heaped tablespoon chopped spring onion
- Put sifted flour and baking powder in a mixing bowl, add salt, chicken stock and half portion of water. Mix well until a thick batter is formed. Stir in remaining water.
- Mix in the rest of the ingredients to combine. Heat enough oil in a wok. Drop teaspoons of batter into the oil (do not fry too many at the same time). Fry until golden brown. Drain the fritters well then serve with chilli garlic sauce.