- Peel and cut onion into 1 cm-thick rings. Separate the onion rings and leave aside.
- Sift flour and rice flour into a mixing bowl. Stir in salt. Break in the egg and add oil and milk. Beat and mix into a smooth batter.
- Soak the onion rings in the batter until they are well coated. Remove the onion rings from the batter and shake off any excess batter.
- Deep-fry the onion rings in hot oil. Move the onion rings around while frying, to ensure that the onion rings are cooked evenly). Fry for about 2-3 minutes or until onion rings are golden brown.
- Remove onion rings from oil and place them on several layers of kitchen paper towels to drain the oil.
- Give a light sprinkle of Aji-Shio salt over the onions before serving.
You may also like