- Combine ground ingredients with 1 tablespoon oil into a paste.
- Marinate chicken with ground ingredients for several hours or preferably overnight in the refrigerator.
- Heat just enough oil in a saucepan and fry sliced shallots until golden brown and crispy. Drain shallot crisps from oil.
- Heat remaining oil in the saucepan; add chicken and fry until the meat is firm.
- Add coconut milk and (A). Stir until mixture starts to boil. Simmer for 15-20 minutes until sauce thickens.
- Add thick coconut milk and tamarind juice. Continue to cook for a further 10-15 minutes. Halfway through cooking add kaffir lime leaves and seasoning to taste.
- When meat is cooked and tender, dish out and serve with a garnishing of crisp fried shallots.
You may also like