This recipe is best with
- 150g butter
- 135g icing sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 heaped tbsp grated orange rind, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- 220g plain flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- Almond nibs for decoration
- Line cookies trays with greased greaseproof paper and preheat oven to 160°C.
- Beat butter, icing sugar, salt, egg yolk and orange rind until light. Add orange juice and beat for an extra minute. Sift in flour and baking powder to combine.
- Fill mixture into a cookie press fitted with a nozzle pattern of your choice. Pipe onto prepared trays. Sprinkle some almond nibs in the centre of the cookie then press down lightly.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until light golden in colour.
- Leave cookies on the baking sheet for 3-4 minutes before transferring them onto wire racks to cool completely.