- 2 cups rice grains, washed and drained
- 3 cups water
- 1 tsp oil
- 4 tbsp oil
- 8 bird chillies (cilipadi), minced
- 5 shallots, minced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 400g prawns, peeled but with tails intact
- Mix seasoning in small bowl:
- 500ml orange juice
- 3/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- 300g oranges, peeled and diced
- Rest of ingredients:
- 3 tbsp onion, sliced and fried
- 50g dried prawns, roasted and pounded
- 50g coriander leaves, chopped
- zest of half orange, very finely shredded
- Boil rice with the water and oil in a rice cooker. Cool rice thoroughly, preferably chilling it.
- Heat oil and fry the minced condiment ingredients until fragrant. Add prawns and stir fry till cooked.
- Add the seasoning ingredients and the diced oranges.
- Add the cooked rice and stir fry over high heat till well mixed. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Serve hot.
You may also like