- 25g white fungus, soaked to soften and trimmed into small florets
- 1 canned sea-coconut, well drained
- 2 oranges, grated finely for the rind and squeezed for juice
- 220g rock sugar
- 2 screwpine leaves, shredded and knotted
- 2 litres water
- Put rock sugar, water, white fungus, orange rind and screwpine leaves in a pot.
- Bring to a boil until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Discard screwpine leaves and add orange juice and seacoconut.
- Dish out and serve in individual bowls. Serve hot or cold.