- 10 kumquats
- 10 mini mandarin oranges (with skin)
- 625g caster sugar
- 500ml water
- 2 small Sweet Potato
- 1 star fruit
- Freeze the kumquats and mandarins. Bring water and sugar to boil for light syrup.
- Slice mandarins, kumquats, sweet potatoes and star fruit with a mandolin (2mm thick)
- Soak the slices for 2 minutes in syrup, drain on a rack to remove the excess syrup and place on a silicone mat.
- Dry 2 to 3 hours in an oven at 80 to 90ºC (to dry without browning). If using lotus root or ginger, blanch before slicing.