- 1/2 pineapple, cut in wedges
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp mustard seed
- 1 stick cinnamon bark
- 3 star anise
- 1 thumb-size ginger, julienned
- 5 shallots, sliced thinly
- 1 tbsp chilli powder
- 2 tbsp tamarind juice
- Pound mustard seeds and garlic into a paste.
- Heat oil.
- Fry cinnamon bark, star anise and mustard seed paste until fragrant.
- Add in sliced shallots and shredded ginger.
- Add pineapple and cook until fruit softens.
- Add in chilli powder, turmeric juice, palm sugar, sugar and salt to taste.