Ingredients is not available.
- Defrost the duck liver and cut into eight 50-70g slices. Place on a plate and wrap with cling film. Keep in the refrigerator until required.
- Cut the baguette into eight 2cm-thick slices at a slant. Toast the bread.
- Chop the tomatoes and sauté in a small frying pan for 2 minutes. Add garlic and honey, and cook for 3 minutes over low heat. Spread the mixture onto the toasted baguette.
- Pan-fry the foie gras slices in a non-stick frying pan on both sides until golden brown.
- Place on the tomato toast. Sprinkle the foie gras with good quality coarse salt and freshly-ground pepper.
- Serve with salad leaves seasoned with a balsamic vinaigrette.
- For more food and wine stories and recipes, pick up the latest issue of Flavours (Nov - Dec 2005), Malaysia's premier food magazine, available at major bookstores and newsstands or email email@example.com for subscription details.