This salad is popular during the summer in Italy because of it’s light and refreshing flavours. This recipe was first published in Flavours magazine.
- 75ml palm oil
- 25ml lemon juice
- 1/3 bread roll
- 1 Momotaro tomato (diced)
- 2 basil leaves (shredded)
- 1 shallot (diced)
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp lemon dressing (75 ml palm oil and 25ml lemon juice)
- 1 anchovy fillet
- 4pc flatbread (toasted and broken)
- 50ml red palm oil
- cured meat (for serving)
- Whisk the lemon dressing ingredients together.
- Grill the bread roll, and split in half. Mix the tomato with the basil, shallot, vinegar and lemon dressing, then pile on top of the bread roll.
- Place the anchovy and flatbread on top, along with some tomato espuma.
- Drizzle with red palm oil and serve with cured meat, red tomato mousse and green tomato mousse on the side.