- 300g castor sugar
- 150ml water
- 5 passion fruits
- 3 oranges, squeezed for juice
- 1 grapefruit, squeezed for juice
- Adequate sparkling water (Sprite, 7-Up or ice-cream soda)
- Place sugar and water in a saucepan. Bring to a gentle boil over medium-low heat until sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Scoop seeds and pulp from the passion fruit into a bowl and add orange and grapefruit juice. Chill in the refrigerator.
- Divide the juice between four glasses, add syrup to taste and a handful of ice cubes. Top up with sparkling water and serve at once.