- 350g spaghetti (angel hair pasta)
- 100g broccoli, cut into florets
- 3-4 peppermint leaves (optional)
- 2 tbsp garlic crisps
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp fresh chicken stock
- Salt to taste
- Freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Steam broccoli until just soft and still green but do not overcook. Remove broccoli from steamer and put into a food processor.
- Add peppermint leaves and process into a paste with a not-so-fine texture. With the motor running gradually add oil and chicken stock in a slow steady stream. Process until well combined.
- Meanwhile cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water. When done, drain and transfer into a large bowl.
- Add the broccoli sauce, seasoning and garlic crisps.
- Divide spaghetti between serving plates and sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- (Note: To prepare garlic crisps, put 2 tablespoons chopped garlic into 4-5 tablespoons oil. Fry over medium high heat until garlic turns fragrant, golden and crispy. Drain from oil.)