- To prepare filling, heat 1½ tablespoons oil in a non-stick pan, fry onion until soft then add chicken and seasoning to combine.
- Toss well to mix.
- Dish out and leave aside to cool before use.
- Combine flour, shortening, sugar, salt and water in a mixing bowl.
- Mix together to form a smooth dough.
- Leave aside, covered with a damp tea towel for 10 minutes to rest.
- Put flour in a mixing bowl.
- Rub in shortening to mix until a smooth dough is formed.
- Leave aside to rest for 10 minutes.
- Divide water dough into pieces of about 40g each.
- Wrap a piece of oil dough, about 25g in the centre.
- Roll out into a longish flat piece.
- Roll up Swiss rollstyle.
- Use a small rolling pin to roll it out flat again.
- Then roll up Swiss roll-style for the second time.
- Place the roll on a flat surface.
- Lightly roll out flat into a circle.
- Wrap up with 1 heaped-tablespoon filling.
- Wrap and pleat into a pau shape.
- Place on a piece of round greaseproof paper.
- Bake in preheated oven at 200°C for 20–30 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Remove buns from the oven and while it is still very hot, brush with egg glaze.
You may also like