- Place peanuts on a baking tray and roast in a preheated oven at 200°C for 1020 minutes, stirring frequently until evenly browned.
- Cool and shell the skin. Blend peanuts and a tablespoon of sesame seeds in an electric blender until just fine. (Do not over-blend or the oil from the peanuts will form lumps.)
- Cream butter, sugar and essence until light. Add in blended peanuts, salt and sifted dry ingredients to combine. Lightly run through the mixture with your fingers to bind into a firm dough.
- Roll out dough between two plastic sheets. Cut with a crescent moon-shaped cookie cutter (or any cookie cutter of your choice). Brush lightly with egg white and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Then bake in preheated oven at 180°C for 15 minutes.
- Leave to cool on the baking trays for 1 minute before transferring to wire racks to cool fully.
You may also like