- PEEL, half and core the pears. Slice diagonally and lengthwise, keeping the halves together.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large flat skillet. Arrange the pear halves in it.
- Scatter the sugar over the top, then the lemon juice.
- Simmer over a medium heat until juices have thickened and are well caramelised.
- It's important to know when you have cooked the pears sufficiently. Cool and/or refrigerate.
- To make the pastry: COMBINE these ingredients in a food processor until the mixture forms a ball. Cover and refrigerate no longer than 30 minutes.
- Roll the pastry to a disk which will fit over the top of the skillet.
- Neaten and tuck in the edges. Sprinkle the top with a little castor sugar. Refrigerate to chill, up to 24 hours ahead.
- Bake 40 minutes at 200-220ºC.
- With extreme care, up-end the tart onto a serving dish. Serve immediately.
You may also like